Despite how much I’m sure y’all enjoy getting double and triple sized orders of News Nuggets, sometimes, I’m able to actually get these out on a regular schedule. This is one of those times!
There isn’t much about the Flower and Garden Festival in this posting, since I’m looking to do one of my “best of” coverage posts to cover that event fairly soon.
Now, on to the News Nuggets!
- Operational Changes to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort during Refurbishment – It seems like there is going to be a lot of issues with things being closed, under construction, etc… during this refurbishment. It might be cool when it’s done, but these next couple of years might be rough.
- New D-Tech On Demand Station in ESPN Wide World of Sports – Great. Another place for me to decide that I really do need a new custom iPhone case.
- Walt Disney World adds retro RV food truck to Fort Wilderness Resort with new takes on campground grub – I doubt I’ll make a trip just to see it, but I love the theming. Sadly, WDW News Today’s review was no promising.
- New Character Dining Experience, Bon Voyage Breakfast to Debut April 2 at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk – So many mixed feelings about this one. It will be cool to have a breakfast option with Rapunzel and Flynn, but I’m going to miss the relaxed atmosphere and easy reservations of Trattoria breakfast.
- New Personalized Storybook Available at the Disney PhotoPass Studio in Disney Springs – Sorry Elyssa, you have to be under 14.
- News: Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Relocating to Ariel’s During Refurbishment – FYI for those of you thinking you’ll have Captain’s Grille as a fall back during your stay. Keep in mind that capacity might be reduced during the refurbishment.
- Fantasmic Dining Packages now available for Breakfast – I guess if you really are going to eat at Hollywood & Vine then you can take advantage of this? (If you can’t tell, I am not a fan.)
- Celebration at the Top – Sip, Savor, Sparkle Debuts February 26 at California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – My first thought: why would I go to this instead of just having dinner at Cali Grill? It seems like besties Josh from easyWDW and Tom from WDW News Today might agree with that sentiment.
- Mouse Steps coverage of Port Orleans Resort Mardi Gras Pargo Cart Parade – I really love the coverage Denise does of these events (and I’ll still link to it, even if she blocked me on Twitter for some reason.)
- New Ticket Sales & Guest Relations Location Opening in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom – This does seem like a more central location than over in Tomorrowland. I still maintain that having these locations is a good idea.
Okay, now back to the News Nuggets!
- 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend to be PIXAR Themed – I don’t really post many Disneyland stories, but this is just too up my alley to skip. Of course, getting out to CA for this is probably a long shot.
- Rumors of a 10-Story Tower, Waterfront Dining, and More Changes Coming to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Interesting rumors that WDW News Today has pulled together from various cast members. Moving things to Old Port Royale makes a lot of sense.
- Animal Kingdom Expanding Bus Loop for Pandora – If they don’t add a bus stop pizza booth, is it even really news?
- Disney Parks Introduces New Neverland Merchandise Collection Featuring Peter Pan – The items with the silhouettes look pretty cool.
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil Will Host Its Final Disney Springs Performance This December – Confession: I’ve never been and probably won’t go see it before it ends. I’m fine with them getting an updated show, however.
- New Hair-Raising Photo Opportunity Available from Disney PhotoPass Service for a Limited Time – If I was there when this was offered, I’d probably wander over to get a photo.
- Salon by the Springs Replacing the Trout Pass Pool Bar – I wish it would be a more full-featured Senses-style Spa (so Elyssa could get a massage appointment there.) I wonder if they’ll have offer some of the new Disney-themed nail designs..
- Disney Drops Custom MagicBand Readers for New Payment Devices – It’ll be weird not to “touch Mickey-to-Mickey” when making charges. Even if it’s just a little gimmick, I hope they figure out a way to add the light-up Mickey face back in.
- Wilderness Lodge Refurb Should be Complete by Mid-Summer – Good news about one of Elyssa’s and my favorite resorts.
- Menu Details for Satu’li Canteen and Pongu Pongu in Pandora – The World of AVATAR – Disney Food Blog breaks down the (little) information now available about the new dining establishments.
That’s it for this News Nuggets helping. Let’s end with this video of the upcoming Pandora BOATRIDE (which looks pretty amazing):