Just going through my camera while relaxing at the Territory Lounge…
It’s that time of year (no, not time for the annual News Nuggets post…), time for Disney’s annual attractions bracket. I’ve bought a few of these shirts in the past, but nothing stands out as “must have” for me this year. (WDW News Today has images of all the designs.)
Also, since it’s St. Patrick’s day, you might want to check out the Raglan Road Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Disney Springs and all the other Disney Springs St. Paddy’s day festivities.
Now, on to the rest of the nuggets:
- Rivers of Light to started offering 2 shows a night on March 11. – It’ll be interesting to see what the logistics are on this. I wonder if they’ll be able to move to 3 shows during the summer (if the demand is there.)
- Joffrey’s Coffee “Revive” Opens in the Magic Kingdom, Mission to S’mores Pays Homage to Classic Ride – I wonder if this will take any of the stress off Starbucks in the mornings.
- Height Requirement & FastPass + Information for Pandora: The World of AVATAR Rides – WDW News Today has srcaped the information on the new Pandora attractions from the Disney World website and put it in a single location. If Animal Kingdom goes to tiered FP+, I assume both Pandora attractions will be tier 1.
- Celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade with Disney PhotoPass Service – Has it really been 3 years since Festival of Fantasy started? Here’s hoping I never have to say “has it really been 3 years since Magic Kingdom had a nighttime parade?”
- Miss Adventure Falls Opens Today at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – Failing Typhoon Lagoon. Still not a water theme park. #Sad. (I kid, both WDW News Today and Kenny the Pirate seem to have liked it.)
- Hourglass Lake Overlook Being Built at Pop Century & Art of Animation – WDW News Today also extrapolates that this could be related to the gondola system.
- A New Taste of British Tradition at Rose & Crown Dining Room at Epcot – Interesting offering, but I don’t think it’s really my style.
- First Look at Disney’s Yacht Club’s To-Go Cafe – For a lot of guests, this is probably all that they need in the morning. (Hopefully, they get this open before the Captain’s Grill closes.)
- Daisy Duck meet and greet comes back to The Studios – About ducking time, am I right?
- Celebration at the Top extended through most of September – No real surprise here (though I still think I’d rather just have dinner at the Cali Grill.)
- Tangled PhotoPass Photo-Op at Magic Kingdom Extended – I always assumed they’d do this, and I’m glad that they did.
- Disney reveals “Tangled” Robot for Disney Parks at SXSW Panel – Since everyone just says “Artificial Intelligence” and “Machine Learning” about everything these days, this is kind of a nothing story. That said, an autonomous Pascal lose in Fantasyland would be awesome.
- Enchanted Evening Packages now Available for Honeymoons and Romantic Nights – Important information for next time Dutch and Russ go to Disney World.
We’ll finish things up with this video from Disney about the construction of Star Wars Land: (The AT-ATs do look pretty cool):
Enjoy the Tournament!