News Nuggets from Around Walt Disney World
Since there has been a lot of news coming out of Disney World recently, it seemed like the appropriate time to debut Rope Drop [dot] Net’s “News Nuggets” feature (inspired by one of Elyssa’s favorite Disney Food items: the corn dog nuggets from Casey’s Corner). As you would expect, these are small, bite-sized “nuggets” of news that you may find
Before we get to the actual nuggets, I do want to point out that Josh at easyWDW has started posting his 2015 Epcot Food & Wine Festival “booth by booth” reviews of all of this year’s food and drink options. (As I’ve mentioned before, I always start my Food & Wine Festival planning with Josh’s reviews. They are top notch.) You can already find Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 on his site, and I would imagine the rest of the booths will be up shortly.
Now, with that out of the way, it’s time for the nuggets:
- Flying Fish Cafe to be closed for lengthy “reimagining” starting on January 31, 2016,. Though Elyssa and I have never eaten there, we do have reservations for a trip in November. We kind of want to see what this place looks like before they change it up.
- There will be an early “sneak peak” of the Osborne Lights from November 1–5. If the lights are already up (and close to functioning?) it seems to make sense to extend their last “performance” as much as possible. I wouldn’t be surprised if the lights stay up a little later in January, either. (If you want an even earlier preview of this year’s lights, you can check out this post from Denise at Mouse Steps.)
- New BBQ Menu at Tortuga Tavern. Coming from North Carolina, I doubt I’m going to get my BBQ at Disney World. That said, when is Tortuga Tavern even open?
- Duffy’s (Girl?)Friend, ShellieMae, is Coming to Disney World. This is something that Elyssa has been waiting for since ShellieMae was announced in 2010. I have a feeling that you’re going to see ShellieMae and Fenway in some of those “couples” costumes on Elyssa’s Instagram before too long.
- Mulch, Sweat and Shears had their last Disney World performance this past weekend. I never was a huge “Mulch” fan, but, based on the outcry online, it seems like they will be missed.
- New “special event venue” at The Studios to host “Club Disney”, starting on December 4. Eventually, the Sunset Showcase (Theater) will be home to things like the Frozen Sing-a-long (if it comes back next year.) For now, though, it’s going to host Club Disney, “[y]ou can join Mickey and the gang and take to the dance floor in this electric club environment, where a DJ Club Host spins the perfect playlist mix of your favorite Radio Disney Top 40 songs.” Though my initial reaction is that Elyssa and I won’t get a lot of use out of this, I would imagine that we’d at least check it out. (Though I can’t imagine it’ll top the \#INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty. I mean, the Incredibles party has “hashtag” as part of the name.)
That’s all the news for now. If you want more to read about Disney World, I suggest taking a look at the interview we posted yesterday with Casey Liss. It has gotten some really good responses so far, and I think you’ll enjoy it.