It’s time for another edition of the Rope Drop [drop] Net News Nuggets! (Don’t worry, we haven’t given up the site as a result of our new found fame as models on Orlando Weekly) .Before we get to the “new” news nuggets, we have a couple of updates from WDW News Today on items we posted about last week:
- More News on Seashore Sweets Closing during Flying Fish Expansion. – Nice little rumor from WDW News Today suggesting that Disney might move Seashore Sweets down closer to the ESPN Club. (See also, Josh’s Boardwalk Update over at easyWDW).
- Big Thunder Mountain to get the same finale as Disneyland – Another neat rumor from WDW News Today that suggests that the upcoming Big Thunder Mountain refurb might add the same ending as the ride has at Disneyland. Check out WDW News Today for a video.
and this announcement from Disney that:
With that out of the way, let’s move on to our traditional nuggets!
- Two New Outdoor Kitchens added to this Year’s Flower & Garden festival. – La Isla Fresca “with flavors like Jamaican Braised Beef with Pigeon-Pea Rice and Jerk-Spiced Grouper or Chicken with Mango Salsa” sounds pretty interesting. Here’s also hoping that Cider House has some unique hard ciders available to sample.
- Disney files permit to expand Wide World of Sports – Based on the permit, it appears the new building would be 3 times the size of the Josten’s Center (NOTE: That’s really big.) All indications are that it will be a venue for future cheerleading and dance competitions.
- The Boneyard closing for refurbishment – The popular playground (and place for parents to relax while their kids run around) will be closed from late February until Mid-March.
- The Circle of Life film at The Land Pavilion is now closed for Refurbishment. – The really interesting part is that WDW News Today has the rumor that the the film is never coming back.
- Disney Springs’ Fulton’s Crab House to lay off 214 ahead of 6-month refurb – They seem to be following the same strategy as Planet Hollywood. What I don’t know about this refurb, however, is what the end result is going to be. Do we really need a steak / seafood place at Disney Springs with The BOATHOUSE already there?
- Kylo Ren now appearing at Star Wars Launch Bay – I’m glad this change got implemented before Elyssa & I got down there.
- Sweetheart Wine Tasting Cruise for Valentine’s Day – That sounds like a cool (and different) thing to do this Valentine’s Day.
- Club Disney at The Studios moving to “Seasonal” Operation – I always suspected that this concept wouldn’t last very long. I guess I figured it would make it a little longer than early February.
- Same-Day Dining Reservations Coming to Jungle Skipper Canteen – Disney has trained people so well that people won’t go to a restaurant unless they can make a reservation. Kind of crazy.
That does it for this edition of the actual “news” section of the News Nuggets, but I’ll leave you with this “Escape to the Magic Kingdom” video from The DIS to help you through your day: