Elyssa and I have a big week ahead of us, so we figured we would try to start it off on the right foot…with another edition edition of the Rope Drop [dot] Net News Nuggets!.
There isn’t a ton of major news to start the week, but the time changes at Epcot might indicate that things are going to be a little over there until for a few months.
Let’s take a look at that and some of the other news:
- The operating hours of several Epcot attractions will be shortened starting this weekend. – Not a huge surprise that areas in the Land Pavilion are closing earlier. It’s like a ghost town over there now. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these get longer hours again once Frozenstrom opens.
- Flamingo Crossings Hotels to have Transportation to Disney Parks – I don’t post about “off site” stuff a lot in the News Nuggets, but I am especially interested in these hotels as “short stay” and “first night” options.
- Permits might show the Route for the AVATAR Boatride. – I know people like to complain about how Avatar isn’t really that popular of franchise, but–regardless of the movie–it sounds like Pandora in Animal Kingdom is going to be really, really cool. Yes, people might not have the same emotional connection to the world as something like Star Wars brings, but that doesn’t mean that Disney can’t make some top-tier attractions out of the concepts.
- New Lion Guard Adventure Begins at the Animal Kingdom. – After Wilderness Explorers was such a big hit, it makes sense that Disney is going to try to add some more of those types of “edu-tainment” opportunities to the parks.
- Stunning New Rendering Released for “Rivers of Light” at the Animal Kingdom – The rendered image is insane. My only fear is that Disney is setting expectations a little too high for this show.
- Ticket Price Increase for Club Villain at the Studios – $129 per person for this just seems outrageous. Was there such high demand at the $99 price point that Disney figured it could increase the price?
That’s it for now. Stay tuned tomorrow for a little Rope Drop [dot] Net special feature!