Okay, that description may apply to some people, but it surely doesn’t apply to Elyssa and I (unless a “runner’s high” means lots of wheezing and wanting to collapse). People who knows us, however, know that this time of year and this upcoming race are very important to us. (See also our Mickey Miles Podcast appearance, Part 1 and Part 2.)
So, if you want to follow us as we head down to Disney World to attempt the Glass Slipper Challenge (a 10K on Saturday morning, followed by a half marathon on Sunday), you can follow us on:
- Instagram – John: @kivus or Elyssa @kivusandcamera; and
- Twitter – John: @kivus or Elyssa @elyssashark.
And, if you’re looking for some good Disney-related posts to read over the next couple of days, here are a few that you might want to check out:
- Len Testa Tests Budget Hotels Around Disney World – This is Len doing hero’s work. I can’t imagine staying at some of these places (and, apparently, Len couldn’t either), but it’s pretty impressive to see the lengths TouringPlans goes to in order to show people all the options available for a Disney World vacation.
- Dave from yourfirstvisit.net Takes a Look at the New Oven in The Cabins at Fort Wilderness – I love pieces like this that go into detail about one small, small part of a vacation. Dave also has a two-part photo tour of the refurbished cabin here and here
- Josh from easyWDW breaks down whether or not you should get a Fastpass+ reservation for the Festival of Fantasy Parade – This type of analysis is what Josh does best. Theory, numbers, and practical application, all in one excellent piece of analysis. He’s also in the middle of his February 2016 merchandise update, if you want to see what’s new on that front.
- Tom Bricker shares some tips for using Uber at Disney World – Uber has greatly improved the way that Elyssa and I go between certain places, and Tom has one of the best articles about how to best utilize it at Disney World. While you’re at his site reading about Uber, you might also want to check out his review of L’Artisan des Glaces (including some nice pictures of my favorite treat: the Croque Glace.)
Lastly, don’t forget to check out Harrison Ford announcing some of the plans for Star Wars Land on The Wonderful World of Disney special on February 21st!
Thank you to everyone who’s supported the site over the past few months. We’ll be back to talk more Disney with you soon!