It may seem like you just had a large helping of News Nuggets, but the Disney World news has been coming hot and heavy for the past week or so. Sounds like it’s time for another order!
Here are the latest Rope Drop [dot] Net News Nuggets:
- Name and Possible Theme Revealed for New Vacation Club Resort at Wilderness Lodge – There have been rumors for awhile that this would be a new Wilderness Lodge condo association, and this adds more fuel to that fire. I wonder how long before they are on sale.
- Amorette’s Patisserie Opens May 15 at Disney Springs – The Goofy cake looks amazing.
- Disney Now Offering Weddings in Front of Cinderella Castle – These weddings start at $75,000. That’s quite a bit of cash. Here’s a video preview from the DIS if you’re interested. – AT THE END!!!!
- Goodbye Earffel Tower – The Earful tower at Hollywood Studios is officially no more. The park, it is a changin’.
- Authentic Details Bring to Life Pandora — The World of AVATAR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – The touches Disney is bringing to Pandora are pretty impressive. I do fear, however, that all these new features might result in even more time delays. (SIDENOTE: It’s super confusing that Avatarland is called “Pandora” while Pandora, the jewelry company, sponsors so much at the Magic Kingdom.)
- runDisney Virtual Race Series – I know it’s probably a little silly, but I’ve already signed up for or this.
- Disney After Hours Event Now Discounted for Annual Passholders and DVC Members – At $75 a person, this was pretty much a no-brainier purchase for Elyssa and me. We’ll have our thoughts on the actual event in another couple of weeks.
- Disney World Early Morning Magic – Fantasyland Review – IS IT WORTH IT? – Speaking of “things that are worth it”, Josh at easyWDW has an excellent write up about the value of the Extra Morning Magic event.
- Visit Olaf ‘In Summer’ at the All-New Celebrity Spotlight at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Putting Olaf in a different park than Anna & Elsa is a brilliant move to spread people out. That said, this will be a good test to see how much people still have Frozen “fever”.
- Tutto Italia at Epcot Offering Prix-Fie Lunch this Summer – This is kind of “meh” for me. It looks like an okay deal for the price, but I’m not usually eating lunch at Epcot at all. I guess I’ll wait until I see some actual (paying for the meal) reviews before I make a final decision.
- “Frozen” Games Coming to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – This is nice if you’re going to Blizzard Beach anyway, but is it really going to draw people there?
- “Star Wars Celebration” event heading back to Orlando in 2017 – Cool news. Unfortunately, this timing (in between Wrestlemania & Star Wars: Dark Side) means that it’s unlikely that Elyssa and I will be going (unless we just decide to spend the whole month in Orlando).
- “Whoopie Pies” a sweet new selection at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – I don’t know what these are, but these are not whoopie pies. I’m from Maine, the official home of the whoopie pie.
- New Hollywood Minnie Mouse & Sorcerer Mickey Meet & Greet at The Studios – The space looks pretty cool. I especially like Mickey’s “castle” set.
- Sneak Peek Inside Ample Hills Creamery on Disney World’s BoardWalk. – A nice photo preview of the soon-to-be opened ice cream shop from the Disney Food Blog. They also predict a May 15 opening.
- Tiered pricing for Mickey’s Not So Scary and Very Merry Christmas. – The lower-priority parties didn’t change that much, but some of the more sought after dates went up significantly (and don’t allow AP or DVC discounts.) Unfortunately, if you’ve already planned your vacation (as a lot of people have, since it’s less than 6 months out), you’re kind of just stuck with that pricing.
- Valet parking lot at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to be relocated – This makes sense. The valet lot at this resort always seemed fairly empty.
- Happy HalloWishes Premium Package Being Offered for 2016 Halloween Parties at Magic Kingdom – A $70 dessert party along with a $105 special event ticket is pretty steep.
- Morimoto Street Food reopens this weekend. – It’s supposed to have a new, expanded menu, and covered seating. It might end up being quite the nice spot to relax.
- Get a free cupcake when Sprinkles at Disney Springs opens on May 15 – Sign-up for Sprinkles member perks program, get a free cupcake. Seems pretty simple.
- A Bundle of New Tastes Debut May 15, at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort – I am really excited to try D-Luxe Burger and B.B. Wolf Sausage. They seem right up my alley as Disney Springs additions.
- New Stage Show for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – They added the Hocus Pocus show to Mickey’s Not So Scary last year, so it makes sense they’d update Mickey’s Very Merry this year.
Even though it’s not really our beat, we’ll end with a couple of videos from Shanghai Disney. First the TRON coaster:
And this one of Shanghai’s version of Pirates of the Carribbean:
Rumors are that this is the BOATRIDE system that will be used in the new Pandora BOATRIDE. Hopefully, that ride will be as impressive as this version of Pirates is.