Yesterday was the first day that Disney World Annual Passholders without hotel reservations could make Park Pass reservations. Here is a high-level summary of some of the results (as found on Disney’s Park Pass Availability Calendar):*
- There are 19 days where no parks have any annual pass availability.**
- There are 20 days where Epcot has no availability (the 19 “no parks available” days, and July 24.)
- There are 21 days where Animal Kingdom has no availability (the 19 “no parks available” days,” August 2, and August 16.)
- There are 25 days where the Magic Kingdom has no availability (the 19 “no parks available” days, plus 6 other days.)
- There are 36 days where The Studios has no availability (the 19 “no parks available” days, plus 17 other days–including a day in September (which no other park has).)
Again, these numbers are only for Annual Passholders that do not have a resort reservation. Resort guests continue to have availability for all parks after the first week of opening. (This also confirms Disney’s statement that Resort Guests and Annual Passholders will be pulling park pass reservations from different pools of availability.)
It will be interesting to see what happens when reservations for regular ticket holders open up. Specifically, I am interested to see how many reservations Disney is holding back just for them. (I would not be surprised if Disney has a small percentage of reservations held back for ticket holders so they can have a full “green” calendar at the outset, but I suspect that the number is relatively low. I could see Disney re-allocating availability from resort guests to ticket holders as time passes, and it becomes clear that resort guests are not going to use all of their allocated reservations.)
Regular ticket holders can start making reservations tomorrow (June 28, 2020), so we will not have to wait long to see how it goes.
*Results as of 7:00 am on Saturday, June 27, 2020. They will likely change frequently on Disney’s Availability Calendar
** These 19 days include July 11th-14th, where only the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are scheduled to be open.